Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Word and Deed....

The following is an article by the former President of Wheaton College, who was there during my time. I have a deep gratitude for A. Duane Litfin and the way He faithfully led Wheaton College in his time there.
But first a few thoughts on Word and Deed of My Own: If the gospel is truly deeds, then every religion rightly can claim that it is the way. Almost every religion gives a way of living morally, of doing good deeds. The gospel is offensive. It is. To my human pride and to yours. It says that I am the problem with the world and that I need something completely outside of myself to fix it. Conveying the relevance of the verbal gospel, the only true gospel there is, is an ever increasing struggle to this culture. The culture is louder than the church, it is more in your face, it is the school system most kids go through, it is where young people are making their closest friends. We need some serious prayer and some serious disciples of Christ in this century in response. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/may/litfin-gospel-deeds.html?paging=off

No comments: